Lincoln flux core/mig welder

More
29 Nov 2015 14:47 #9376 by Trouty56
OK....just got a Lincoln sp100 flux core/mig welder. It is a DC unit....110 volt with the optional gas hookup....no tank though....gonna convert it back to flux. Easy enough to change. Just can't swing a tank rental or purchase plus gas. Hopefully I did OK..... This is an older unit but hardly used. Harbor Freight had theirs on sale but I just wanted the gas option and the cheap CE model is AC not DC. Lincoln should have parts too I hope. Guess we will see here soon enough.

Any thought??

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
29 Nov 2015 16:10 #9377 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Lincoln flux core/mig welder
I have a Miller Cricket flux core mig, it's the one I use most all of the time. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
29 Nov 2015 16:33 #9378 by Trouty56
Just got the thing converted over... did a couple tests...then welded a couple 1/8 hulks of steel...I like it....

Bob T

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

More
29 Nov 2015 22:09 - 29 Nov 2015 22:10 #9382 by M Bailey
Bob, once you put a bottle of gas on that Lincoln you'll never look back. I use the small bottles from TSC, about $27 exchange last time I needed one and they usually last a year or more. No shop is complete without a good welder! :thumb1

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx
Last edit: 29 Nov 2015 22:10 by M Bailey.

More
30 Nov 2015 13:08 #9383 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Lincoln flux core/mig welder
One of these days I am going to pull the trigger on one. I am just a poor stick man.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Attachments:

More
30 Nov 2015 17:30 #9384 by Trouty56

M Bailey wrote: Bob, once you put a bottle of gas on that Lincoln you'll never look back. I use the small bottles from TSC, about $27 exchange last time I needed one and they usually last a year or more. No shop is complete without a good welder! :thumb1

Major....what is the deposit on the bottle....or do you own the bottle and then just keep exchanging??

Bob T

More
01 Dec 2015 06:19 #9387 by M Bailey

Trouty56 wrote:

M Bailey wrote: Bob, once you put a bottle of gas on that Lincoln you'll never look back. I use the small bottles from TSC, about $27 exchange last time I needed one and they usually last a year or more. No shop is complete without a good welder! :thumb1

Major....what is the deposit on the bottle....or do you own the bottle and then just keep exchanging??

Here's the one I have Bob,
LINK
Buy it and exchange it for $27 when empty, no rental. Just don't forget to reverse the polarity for gas!!!

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

More
01 Dec 2015 19:27 #9396 by Scott
Replied by Scott on topic Lincoln flux core/mig welder
I like the Lincoln line of welders and I personally think they are the best brand for getting universal parts and service. They are a great welder for the price and I use mine very often for small and big jobs. Mine is a older 175 220volt model that has a clicker for power level. Gasand wire is cheeper for me as I get it free from our work supplier for using them for all our welding supplies at work. I have usedthe smaller 100 units and they are great for small jobs like WH tractors, but the 229 models will burn in 3 times the depth into the metal and if I need to get it to really burn in I take it to work and use the 255 amp welder. I am more skilled in welding then most avarge WH owners and as alto of you knowing have made many custom attachments for these wunderfull tractors and have many more to come.
As for flux core to gas, both have there place and both work good in the smaller welders. Flux core will weld thicker metal in the 110 units and it has great strength. Gas shielding with flux core is awesome for dirty rusty metal And just gas mig makes a nice clean weld. For the avarge person, the 110 units are all that you will ever need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trouty56

More
01 Dec 2015 20:13 #9397 by Trouty56
Thanks Scott....coming from you means a lot because, as most of us know, you can make just about anything....no joke!! Thanks for the nice response....now get a pic of one of you tractors for the calendar if you haven't yet....

Major.....I do understand about the polarity. It was set up for gas and I set it up for flux. The manual is pretty good for the Lincoln. Glad for that!!

Bob T

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds