Mentone Show & Swap: April 25th, 2015

More
25 Apr 2015 23:18 #3755 by jm46322
SHAME ON ME. i did not go
after a rough few days at work i just did not have it in me
weather turned bad by me last night and i was out in it working and it stole my spirit to go.
but if the weather was anything like it was by me today lots of people had a ugly, ugly day to shop in.

John in Highland Indiana
self appointed chief mechanic at
WOODWARD FARMS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2015 05:18 #3756 by M Bailey
To all of you who didn't make the show; you were probably better off staying home due to the weather. The temp started out at 52 degrees and rain at 0700 and had dropped to 43 with gusty wind and rain by 1000. I would have taken some pictures but didn't want to risk ruining the camera as the rain was blowing sideways at times. I did manage to pick up some new air filters for the C-101. Met up with Glen Pettit and got a set of throttle and choke knobs for the Suburban as well as a hand full of top spindle covers (Good to finally meet you Glen). Glen was out of 1-5/8 dust covers for the Suburban but will have more for the Portland show so I will pick them up then. By noon my chauffeur (son) and I agreed that we'd had enough and called it a day. There were quite a few folks who braved the weather to make the show but had conditions been more favorable there would have probably been at least twice the turnout.

I got back home around 3 pm, kissed the wife, petted the dogs, cleaned off the mud and crashed out on the couch suffering from what felt like a combination of hypothermia and jet lag. :faint What a hoot!

Major

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

More
26 Apr 2015 06:32 #3762 by nappypappy
Lets hope the weather is better for Genos show and he has a big turn out....... :smile2

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
26 Apr 2015 08:14 #3767 by Geno
Thanks for the updates guys, we really wanted to go but Sandra and I are the 2 most cold natured people we know. :doh

Thanks Nappy. If it does rain here which is usually not the case that time of year here, we have over 10K square feet of barns under roof connected to the main barn and a lot more than that within 50 feet. We can even unload and display tractors under roof, and the concession trailers can be set up in the shop. We have prepared for any type of weather just in case. Best of all it will be very warm here even if it does rain. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
26 Apr 2015 11:51 #3771 by FewMoreMiles
:cool I'm excited at the potential of being able to make it to Geno and Sandra's Wheel Horse show this year. I am rarely at home on weekends, and since I didn't make Mentone...it will actually be my first official Wheel Horse tractor event. That's pretty nice :dance3

More
26 Apr 2015 12:22 #3773 by nappypappy

FewMoreMiles wrote: :cool I'm excited at the potential of being able to make it to Geno and Sandra's Wheel Horse show this year. I am rarely at home on weekends, and since I didn't make Mentone...it will actually be my first official Wheel Horse tractor event. That's pretty nice :dance3

Yeah I am looking forward to going also......been a wheelhorse owner since 85 but never been to a show and didn't even know they had any... :hello

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
27 Apr 2015 09:30 - 27 Apr 2015 09:35 #3825 by GlenPettit
WOW! Another Great swap meet.
No pictures either, very busy meeting people, and new people, talking, and selling.
I got there Friday evening and had the canopy & tables setup by 9:00pm, only a
very light rain then. Slept in the jeep, woke up about 7am and probably 12 pickups
with big trailers arrived during the night, silently . . . must have been 60 sellers all
set up by 9am. Seemed like everyone was busy all morning, started a light rain about
8am and it rained and kept raining all day, sometimes very light, sometimes so-so, I
measured about 1/2" total. Dreary day but lots to see and buy, I felt prices were very
reasonable and mosts sellers would dicker. Many sellers started leaving about 1pm
and the crowds slowed way down then, unhappy about the rain but sales were OK,
it's the people and contacts that made it really worthwhile.

Nice bonfire Friday evening. Excellent and large site, a huge field, very easy to find,
well marked with lots of directional signs.

Gene & Ken even had rolls and coffee ready very early in the morning, and then a
nice lunch (hot dogs, hamburgs, drinks, etc.) in late morning, downtown was only
1/2 mile away.

A very nice get together, lots of tractors and parts, lots of 'regulars' and it seemed
to me that there were a lot of new, never-been-to-a-Wheel Horse-show-before people.
Great to meet you Major, hope to make August Portland Show (Wed, Thur & Fri only).

Great Job Gene & Ken:
Last edit: 27 Apr 2015 09:35 by GlenPettit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trouty56

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
27 Apr 2015 09:51 #3828 by Geno
Thanks so much for the update Glen, glad you did good there. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!