WHS Site and Forum Registration. (24 Jul 2018)

On the front page under the pic it reads, "Due to all the spammers the register link for the WHS Forum has been removed. If you want to sign up for the WHS Forum just give us a call, information is on the contact us page. Thank You."

You can give me a call at and I can set you up. It's more work for me but I feel it's worth it to keep the site clean. Thanks. :thumb1

25.00 Trailer Rebuild

• Thank you received: 11

Kyblue created the topic: 25.00 Trailer Rebuild

Okay so this isn't so much a tool as it is equipment, and it isn't so much Home Made as in Home Re~Made ...

I got this trailer a year ago from a friend who runs a bodyshop in Georgetown. The Landlord of his shop has all this junk sitting around, and the city ordered him to clean it up. He left it up to my buddy as to what to do with it so He called me and offered the trailer that was there for 25.00 ... I figured what the heck - Could get more of that in it for scrap metal ...

After using it a couple of times, It pulls well, despite the fact that the p/o welded the axles right to the frame w/o any sort of suspension (and he wondered why he kept breaking the middles out of Rim's when pulling his bobcat around)

After the last time I used the trailer, when I unloaded the WH my foot fell through the floor. It became clear that it was time to start on the Redo. With the break in the weather I spent a couple hours on it today, and plan to work on it during the week after work if I have the energy

There are a few spots that concern me, but nothing that can't be fixed. Some scary welds, some places where there need to be welds ... and some rust and some bent metal. I think it'll be fixable. Next is going to be getting the junky fenders off, and cutting off the unused front axle. Once my Tax money comes in, I'll get a new Axle and Spring set Ordered for it.

I'm not quite sure how I want to go back with the floor. Wood will hold moisture, and hide rust and rot, Metal Floor will hide Moisture and Rust, and Expanded Metal - is going to let everything pass through it and collect in the frame of the trailer and let it rust. :angry2

Pics to follow!

There's room for all god's creatures ..... next to the mashed potatoes (and possibly bbq'd)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kyblue replied the topic: 25.00 Trailer Rebuild

There's room for all god's creatures ..... next to the mashed potatoes (and possibly bbq'd)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Trouty56
  • Super Mod - Supporter
  • Super Mod - Supporter
  • Hydros Rule!!
  • Thank you received: 143

Trouty56 replied the topic: 25.00 Trailer Rebuild

What a deal.....I mean this in a VERY good way.....

Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky

"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
  • Thank you received: 452

Geno replied the topic: 25.00 Trailer Rebuild

It's a good heavy trailer, and worth a lot more than that. It will make a nice one. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!

• Thank you received: 196

GT 14 replied the topic: 25.00 Trailer Rebuild

Geno wrote: It's a good heavy trailer, and worth a lot more than that. It will make a nice one. :woo

:agree

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Kyblue replied the topic: 25.00 Trailer Rebuild

With the rain and other stuff I haven't gotten much done. I did get one fender off and cleaned up that area a bit.

The plan is to coat the frame in bedliner and cover it in expanded metal. Will add some drain holes so debris won't be a problem. Should have it done before Geno's show...

Attachments:

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
  • Thank you received: 452

Geno replied the topic: 25.00 Trailer Rebuild

Looks like progress to me. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds