• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
04 Sep 2018 17:50 - 04 Sep 2018 17:51 #14846 by Geno
I took a 520 with a 60" deck in on trade a few weeks ago and was originally gonna part it. Most of the time I still wish I did but of course I didn't. :doh

The more I work on it the more I find to work on. :whew I finally got it all (I think) minus a front rod that goes in the mid tach-a-matic. The tach-a-matic right ear was broken mostly off but it is fixed. The piece that you push in to disengage it is gone but I can do something with making one of those too. Someone got pretty creative but it still wouldn't stay in there no matter how much wire they used to help hold it in, see the 1st pic. :help

The shaft is a Toro 113069-01 SHAFT-HITCH and I'm not paying $180.00 for a piece of 1" steel rod that I can get at the welding shop for less than $5.00. :waiting

The lathe chuck I have now could do it but I may go get another chuck in the morning. I did get 2 pieces of rod in case I couldn't wait lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Sep 2018 17:51 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Sep 2018 09:10 #14847 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic 60" Deck Front Hitch Shaft
Lathe chuck is fixed. :woo

Just some pics of the making of the shaft. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Sep 2018 17:45 #14850 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic 60" Deck Front Hitch Shaft
I found a few things worse than the raping on that shaft... :tounge2

List price on the front hood rod #101710 is around $46.00 but they are on the net from $56 to $38 without clips, what a deal lol. :rolling The mid tach-a-matic rod is NLA, it's longer and has an extra groove in it so it may have been scary too. The the whole mid rod, lock and spring setup is gone on this 520 so I decided to make a trip to the welding shop to pick up some materials and play for awhile. Anyways, they are on the short list to make a few and see if anyone needs any at a much more reasonable price. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
08 Sep 2018 06:36 #14852 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic 60" Deck Front Hitch Shaft
:dance2 A lot of deck to support :dance1

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
08 Sep 2018 08:05 #14853 by nappypappy
front mount..just two words and end of problem........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds