Tecumseh carb...again

More
15 Jun 2015 18:06 #5851 by kudzu
Tecumseh carb...again was created by kudzu
I wasn't sure whether to start another post concerning the carb problem I'm having, but it is kind of a different problem so...I ordered a new carb to hopefully solve the apparently, "un-fixable" problem I've been having, it came today and as I started to install it, I saw that it has a nipple for the gas line to connect in the place where the original fuel pump screwed into the carb. I called the very nice, helpful and knowledgeable man that I ordered from and asked him if maybe I'd ordered the wrong carb. He said that the original carb with the screw in connection for the fuel pump wasn't made anymore and that I can just leave the pump off and let gravity do the job. I am not doubting this advice but I've never heard this before and before I install, I'd just like to check here to see if anyone else has had this experience, and if so, does it work okay? Also, the pump works off the engine compression, somehow, and there is a line from the lower block to the pump. If I don't use the pump, what do I do with this line? One other thing that may be of interest is that when I took the old carb off, I noticed that there is a piece of metal, seems to be part of the cooling tin system, about 1" by 4", behind the carb, and it should go flat against the engine intake port and under the main cooling tin. One end was on top of the tin that it should have been under, leaving a space between the carb and the intake. I believe this was the problem to start with and maybe the original carb was okay, I don't know how it was even running. I hope I explained that okay, I wish I could have taken pics, but don't have a camera or know how. Thanks

JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY WROTE IT, DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds