• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
24 Jul 2018 18:38 - 24 Jul 2018 18:44 #14747 by Geno
I have changed the way registration is done for the site. I deleted over 300 spammers, (and prob a few good ones) last weekend alone. The forum can be seen by all the public and with 15K visitors a day, a lot of them younger people I can't take the chance on something ugly showing up on the site like is happening on the FB sites and other forums. The only pretty full proof way I can think of to keep the place clean is the new way of doing things.

On the front page under the pic it reads, "Due to all the spammers the register link for the WHS Forum has been removed. If you want to sign up for the WHS Forum just give us a call, information is on the contact us page. Thank You."

So that's where we are now lol. You can give me a call at and I can set you up. It's a lot more work for me but I feel it's worth it to keep the site clean :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 24 Jul 2018 18:44 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14, Kurt-NEPA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2018 08:57 #14759 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Site Registration Changes
Sounds like a plan

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
27 Jul 2018 09:16 #14761 by nappypappy
Yeah clean is good.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds